The 3.0.0 release of Geppetto is available as ready to run download or update from within Geppetto for all users of 2.x
Please see the
for information if you run into problems updating).
how to update
if you don't know how.
In this release
- More than 100 enhancements and fixes compared to Geppetto 2.x !
- Formatter (Pretty Printer) with many formatting options. For more details see
Geppetto Code Formatter
- Documentation Hovers (documentation from puppet manifest and ruby files are shown using HTML hovers)
- More and improved validation - stylistic / potential problems
- More quick-fixes
- Support for Puppet 3.0 (language changes and more).
- Support for Facter variables
- Updated platform / Eclipse 3.8
always space instead of tabs
indent 2 by default
smart comment processing
align and break (assignments, lists, hashes, arguments, etc)
optional compact forms (short resources, selectors, etc.)
can be triggered automatically on save
Default inline formatting of manifest RDoc changed to plain blue
Shows hover with formatted text for referenced element (or "itself").
- Git support (J/EGit version 2.0) details
- stash support
- close projects when switching branches
- history view improvements
- staging view improvements
- Full screen support on OSx
- SVN 1.7
See the relase notes
for release history, and closed issues for