2020-09-25: IAC Team Status Update
We’d like to thank the following people in the Puppet Community for their contributions over this past week:
- Thanks to jcpunk for the tidy up effort to resolve
yamllintwarnings across the following repos:
puppetlabs-postgresql#1187: Thanks to ekohl for the enhancement that allows you to remove config entries by setting them to
undef- a very useful addition!
puppetlabs-strings#252: Thanks to kozl for the various enhancements and fixes in this. Check out the description for more details.
New Module / Gem Releases
The following modules were released this week:
Semi-Automated Blog Writing
Well, the way the world is going, everything will be automated soon, won’t it? This week’s blog post was partially written by a new script that will compile:
- The modules released since last week’s update
- The awesome contributions from you, in the Community, that have landed in to
These are sections that are there every week and the previous process to compiling everything in to Markdown, was a becoming a tedious, manual one. So like all repetitive, manual stuff, we automated it! :smiley:
And before I continue I would just like to give a personal thanks to our very own Ciaran for getting this up and working, cutting at least an hour of work from the writing of this post.
Over the last few months or so work has been put in to improve our CI coverage with this short message from our very own Daniel Carabas explaining more:
The IAC Team is currently working on a CI improvement that will increase the testing coverage across all our supported modules and allow contributors to check and run unit and acceptance tests on more platforms. Please look forward to more details about our improved CI in the upcoming weeks.
We’ve got several new blog posts out for your viewing pleasure:
- First from Michael Lombardi we have an excellent blog which (spoiler alert!) announces the official release of our brand new module Puppet.Dsc! Please check it out here.
- Next from Adrian Iurca we have a lovely blog post detailing some important changes that were recently made to the docker module. Just click the following link to take a look.
- Finally from this week onwards, Disha’s blog posts are in a new, dedicated section of our site called Life as an Intern at Puppet